Sunday, September 7, 2014

is BWW a scam? is Amway a scam?

If you are reading this is because most likely someone close to you (a friend or a family member) came to you telling you they had a great business opportunity for you. Yet that person didn't really say much leaving you with the doubt. This was my case and here I tell you what this was about.

First of ,the question: Is it a scam? Yes!, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41SsPd0_AB0 ...and no. A lot people have had bad experiences with them, so in that sense we could say they are a scam. At the same time no one can do much because the way they operate prevents them from getting suit with charges of scams. Your best bet right now is to stay away from  BWW and AMWAY (and in the past, Quixtar).

So, what is the deal with them? 


Many would agree that they rip you off so they can travel  at your expense. This is quite overly-simplified... but it is also hard to disprove by looking at their life-styles. so here is the basics into how BWW, otherwise known as Britt World Wide, operates to take your money with the given false promise of a great business opportunity (and by the way, as a general lesson, stay away! from people that say the same thing out there in the streets)


  1. Multi-Level-Marketing (MLM): This means that the people at the top (who got there first), known in BWW as sponsors, will receive 10% of the profits from their recruits: About to be from YOU!)  This is a process known as commission. This means for bigger profits they have to:
    • Sell big quantities or go home
    • Recruit more people so they'll do all the hard work (means to recruit a lot, and here is where you come in!!!)
    1. Not all multi-level marketing campaigns/ companies are scams, but BWW has taken advantage of this type of system to exploit everything from its work force (You as a recruit) or its customers (by selling you overrated stuff), making people associate MLM with pyramid schemes. And yes BWW is a pyramid scheme. 
  2. Membership Fees: Aside from over-taxing you for products and shipping from AMWAY () , they also:

    • Charge $150.00 (one time fee) for just getting started. Supposedly they open up an account for you and a selling certificate that the government asks for (doesn't really sound too legit considering they don't provide much info about your stuff). They will generally ask for the starting fee after the first big meeting where you meet all this "important" people wearing dresses and ties. Please don't give them anything, even after they already invested in you so much, it is their fault for not telling you ahead of time what they were getting you into. Ask for your money back if you already paid for it, there are other websites out there that can help you with the dirty tricks done by BWW and AMWAY, its just a matter to google it up. 
    •  $250 per annual event. They call them Leaderships conferences or something the like. They got several happening year round all over the nation, but as a member, you are only required to go to one once a year. If it happens to be all over the other coast, then you are expected to provide for your stuff (tickets, foods, hotels, or whatever) unless your recruiters (called sponsors) are nice enough to give full-free rides. They will put a lot of pressure in you (and even brain-washing you) to make you do whatever they need. This is why I'm writing this blog, so you can avoid getting slaved by them, or to open up your eyes if you are in the mists of getting trapped. 
    • Stupid CD's and books. the price range varies, but this one point shows just how far they will go to get your money. Not only will they try to brain-wash you to do everything they say, they will also be getting money in the process of doing so! The CD's and books are meant to keep you in a state of mind similar to hypnosis to control every single aspect of your life. This one point made me realize what kind of people they are. One thing is to help you succeed, another totally different is to use you to make them succeed (and if you fail, its like whateverz to them, they will move on to the next victim).
In a summary, DON'T get involve with Britt World Wide (BWW). Unless of course you are a heartless piece of **** who doesn't give a **** about friends and family, and who would do just about anything to "succeed" in life by any means, even if they have to put other people in bankrupt. A lot of people who do get involve by accident (the recruiter frame the "business opportunity" way too nice) realize it only leaves them without family and friends and very likely without money, too. If you fall into this, and if you already paid a substantial amount, just leave it, better to loose  something than losing it all. 


Edit (1): To the ones defending this type of business scam,  there is no way everyone can become successful at this. Of course there are those "Diamond" sponsors who live well and barely do anything. But taking a look at the statistics, these people are vary rare, and they manipulate hundreds, if not thousands, of people to work for them with the 10% cut they get from them. So I'm guessing you just saw what they did, and now you are "inspire" to become your own boss. Bad news is, you have to wait to recruit your own little army of brainwashed slaves (all while giving 10% of your income to the people above you), but I also think you want the easy route, talk your way to the top, and put a blind eye on the damage you cause to others in the process.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks! I met two people who tried to sell me this stuff. Immediately sensed something fishy and this blog helped me cement the idea that they are scammers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was caught by some people on FB and they are continuously asking me to come for meeting even though I denied them.... starting made by them are in similar way they tried to create hype but I am not going to invest in their fishy plan

      Delete
  2. LOL! this is Hilarious. You called BWW a pyramid scheme when its not even the company that allows the network structure, its training and mentor ship. that really shows how much you know. Also you do have 3 months to get your start up cost. And you can't get into this by accident, but you can get talked out of it by a pessimist like you. My friends are able to pay their bills with the Amway business and are steady growing. I guess people should continue to go to school and graduate with a degree that they are most likely "NOT" going to use. It's funny how people think they are brainwashed. Quick question, If the top 20% of Americans own 85% of the wealth and the bottom 80% only owned 15%, who's being brainwashed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! this is Hilarious. You called BWW a pyramid scheme when its not even the company that allows the network structure, its training and mentor ship. that really shows how much you know. Also you do have 3 months to get your start up cost. And you can't get into this by accident, but you can get talked out of it by a pessimist like you. My friends are able to pay their bills with the Amway business and are steady growing. I guess people should continue to go to school and graduate with a degree that they are most likely "NOT" going to use. It's funny how people think they are brainwashed. Quick question, If the top 20% of Americans own 85% of the wealth and the bottom 80% only owned 15%, who's being brainwashed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was approached on LinkedIN with the opportunity to make money working 10-15 hours a week “from home”. I was automatically reluctant, as any experienced individual would be. I agreed to a phone call and was then invited to a lunch interview at a restaurant franchise just 5 minutes from my home. Why wouldn’t I say ‘yes’, right? I met at this franchise and we sat down during a busy lunch hour. It was awkward, but they leant me a book to read and set up time for a ‘2nd’ interview. I enjoyed the book and took information from it that I found valuable, which was about 40% of it? It was informative and reassuring, in some ways. Not that I didn’t realize they leant the book only to ensure that I had to meet them again to return it. (A classic sales tactic)

    I then had to meet these individuals at a second lunch meeting – same place just 5 minutes from my home. I told them what I thought of the book and again was provided with very vague information on what they do. They encouraged me to attend a ‘workshop’ in downtown Milwaukee if I wanted to learn more. I reluctantly agreed figuring that with my positive nature, that I could at least learn something from the experience! On top of that, they encouraged that I bring my fiancĂ© to better understand ‘what I would be doing’ for the next few years. I did… we went and have never felt a more ‘cult-like’ atmosphere in our lives. We had a good night regardless and made a date night out of it – another difference between positive and negative individuals.

    Amway/BWW discourages sales from businesses in your community and encourages you to buy products that THEY sponsor - online from other countries, regardless of how it affects your local economy. If Amway/BWW truly cared about the well-being of our country like they claim, don’t you think they’d make a point to only support companies who manufacture in the US and our communities? Another thing that just p*ssed me the f*ck off… is how they undermined every single thing that 95% of Americans do – work for a living. 50% of their ‘workshop’ was based on making you feel guilty for working for a paycheck… literally preying on your misplaced guilt and shame as a persuasion tactic. Amway/BWW supporters give excuses on how business owners enjoy many tax write-offs and incentives. It is true...to the very few who are willing to step on enough to get there. Eager to leave this cult meeting, we accepted a packet of info that, again (sales tactic), gave a reason for us to meet up once more.

    I have been quite knowledgeable in business for years, though I focus my energy on locally-based businesses rather than those who become too selfish and outsource to other countries (Amway/BWW being one of those organizations). To those 5% I say: How are you enjoying your lifestyle while the other 95% of us GENUINELY work hard and pay more in taxes to support your selfish write-offs? None of those individuals will even care enough to read or respond to this, however. I’m betting they didn’t expect such a free-thinker from someone with only a GED which, coupled with the amount of free time I have must've been key selling points for their prey! (This GED I received while being away for medical treatments 25 DAYTIME hours a week for 2 years for a life-threatening immune disorder. I was a 3.8 student, otherwise.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I respectfully tried to cut ties with the couple that reached out to me through an email, offering to mail their packet back. (An information packet that, with claiming how successful they are, shouldn’t even be bothered with recollecting) Now, these people push the ‘information age’ as our country’s future. Why would an email suddenly be ‘out-of-line’? I sent my respectful email, applauding their success but simply turning down the opportunity explaining it wasn’t where my passion lay. I was hit with a phone call not 3 minutes later. A phone call I did not hear because I HAVE A LIFE and I WORK for a living, so SOMETIMES I may become busy. The entire tone of the message was ‘it was super unprofessional to turn us down over email – call me back’. I called back immediately and explained AGAIN why I wasn’t interested in this ‘opportunity’. I then quietly listened to her undermining my job, my fiance’s job, and essentially my children’s wellbeing. “How dare she?” I thought. I held my tongue and kept reminding myself “Grace Kelly” and kept my decorum. Honestly, it turned into a ‘I respectfully quit…OH NO YOU DON’T, I FIRED YOU” conversation. She was insulted that I wouldn’t lay down my life to make money for them. Like there is only one way to successfully make a living. Again I question, if we all were as ‘successful’ as them in this business, who would be responsible for the remainder of taxes that they get to weasel away from?
    In short: if you genuinely care about people and the well-being of your country, Amway/BWW is a joke. They are NOT pro-community. They are pro-themselves and anyone who doesn’t believe is rendered useless in their eyes. Again, a cult mentality. The very definition of one! It is a glorified pyramid scheme and, as always, pyramid schemes will redesign/disguise themselves based on the economy and society. Despite just how encouraging their background music might be! Stay away from Amway/BWW. If you want to excel as a businessperson, do so without these monkeys hanging on your back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. You seem like someone who got in and sucked at the business and failed miserably. First off sponsors DO NOT receive 10 percent of commissions because there has to be a percent differential between you(sponsor) and downlines(recruits). For example, if me and my downline are in the same percent bracket, guess what? I get NO commission because if my downline is working hard and I am not it is not fair for me to get rewarded. As per the events, you are not required to go to any of them, it is recommended but not required. With that being said, educate yourself before you want to post something so absurd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your description and depiction is NOT of someone who was in an actual line of BWW, maybe some part of WWDB, or some other part of Yeager or another group which used some of Yeager, BWW or WWDB structure; but clearly lacks many essentials of the BWW [specifically Bill Britt himself]. My Amway business experience began June 1982. Had a unique opportunity to attend a limited, by invitation only with my sponsor [best friend], arranged by his sponsor [parents] a teaching seminar with Bill in which he taught us specifically and exactly what he did to become a DD, Emerald, Diamond, Double Diamond with 12 Diamonds in width, and many multiple in depth. Everything is duplicated and doable in duplicate in width and depth. He was a man of highest level honesty and integrity as were the owners Rich Devoss and Jay Van Andel, continued throughout the company and their children.
    Amway has the best compensation plan of any MLM/Network Marketing, which rewards those who build a successful model from the smallest to the largest accordingly. It is the only compensation plan still, which rewards for width and depth, unlimited. [Most stop at 7th level at most].
    It certainly is better than any sales organization or job, though similar to a franchise, is better since each distributor [IBO] can open multiple franchises and each of them too, utilizing the process of duplication in width and depth.
    These are a few basics.
    One vital, important and critical aspect is having honesty and integrity in all three legs of the business; owners, products, compensation plan. Amway has all three, which have not seen exist with any other company, still yet. In addition, the same honesty and integrity is essential with the line of sponsorship including proper training, development and guidance.
    Am only commenting to correctly state proper information.
    There have been and are some distributors, distribution organizations which lack in proper essential elements, even some who became large, were associated with BWW, etc., but later separated and strange, improper behavior happens.
    Have seen and experienced this surrounding me. This happens in every business, profession, area of pursuit in life.
    We each need to BE AWARE, INFORMED, KNOWLEDGEABLE and BEWARE.
    All The Best and Much Success, Health and Well Being.
    Sincerely

    ReplyDelete